Most Outstanding School and Community Partnerships Award
Box Hill Senior Secondary College Principal, Steve Cook receiving the Victorian School Sports award on behalf of the college.
Box Hill Senior Secondary College is one of only two Specialist Sports Schools in Victoria. We offer elite participation in the following sports.
Programs are offered to both male and female athletes.
Years 7 and Year 8 are conducted in a separate campus of the College.
The aim of programs is to develop the student athlete in both the skills and techniques of their chosen sport and to enhance their fitness and conditioning. The Sport Development sessions are incorporated into the school timetable as part of the student’s scheduled week, combining both the sporting and academic aspects of their week.
Our coaches have all played and/or coached at the elite level. They bring with them a wealth of knowledge.
- Physical screening is completed for all student athletes twice per year. The screening is conducted by staff from Bounce Health Group Physiotherapists. The screening is sport specific and results in recommendations being provided to students.
- Physiotherapists from Bounce Health group are in attendance at the College each Tuesday from 9am – 11 am to advise the student athletes of any injury management plan that needs to be implemented.
- Students must have passion, commitment and a desire to improve. Each of the sports programs carries with it expectations of standards, commitment and work load. Above all, there must be a desire to improve.
Academic requirements (GPA)
- Students are required to maintain a GPA (Grade Point Average) above 2.0.
- Included in course charges in first year of program.
Parents and guardians are generally responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including any transport costs. Most medical costs will be refundable by Medicare. If you are a member of an ambulance or health insurance fund, you may also be able to claim transport or other expenses from the fund.
The Department of Education and Training does not hold accident insurance for school students.
It is highly recommended that athletes have Private Insurance and Ambulance cover.