The BHSSC Netball Academy was established in 2016. Our students take part in a carefully structured, individualised program aimed at developing them to their full potential. Our strong understanding of what is required to be selected for higher level netball forms the foundation of our program.
The aims of the program are to:
• Combine academic study with intensive sport training during school hours.
• Develop skills, tactical and strategic knowledge and athletic ability in order to be best placed to attain entry to higher level netball.
• Compliment the student’s existing out-of-school netball commitments and offer a value adding experience.
• Provide opportunities and mentoring enabling students to become leaders and to value team work.
• Support and guidance towards achieving coaching and officiating accreditation.
The basketball academy training each week is integrated into the student’s normal school day. The focus is on fundamental skill acquisition and progressing through our unique format to integrate these skills into game knowledge incorporating strategic and tactical training. Weekly match practice provides the opportunity to further hone skills.
On Court Training
- Skill acquisition
- Positional specific skills and fitness training
- Tactical and strategic training
- Dedicated match play session
Strength and Conditioning
- Each student will be provided with an individualised strength and conditioning program administered by specialist coaches in our fully equipped gymnasium.
Our teams take part in the following competitions throughout the year.
• School Sport Victoria (SSV) Championships (2016 Senior Regional Champions)
• Waverley International Schools Tournament
• Netball Victoria State Schools Champships
Academic requirements (GPA)
Students are required to maintain a GPA (Grade Point Average) above 2.0.