Building and Construction
Certificate II Building and Construction (Carpentry Stream)
This course is delivered across two years (Years 11 and 12) and students can include it within their VCE or VCAL academic program. It is a fully accredited pre-apprenticeship course and this certificate has become the minimum entry qualification sought by employers offering apprenticeships in Carpentry and is recognised by TAFE institutes.
Students gain a range of practical skills including:-
- constructing small scale sub flooring, wall frames, roof trusses and wall cladding through constructing cubby houses
- learning how to survey a block of land and set out a house
- understanding OHS regulations and how these apply to the safe use of hand tools and power tools
- Level 1 First Aid qualifications
- completing the Construction and Induction card.