The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a hands-on option for students in years 11 and 12. The VCAL gives you practical work-related experience, as well as literacy and numeracy skills and the opportunty to build personal skills that are important for life and work. Like the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), VCAL is an accredited scondary certificate.
The VCAL???s flexibility enables students to design a study a program that combines, VET, VCE studies and ongoing work placement in an individual learning plan that supports their chosen pathway. Students select appropriate subjects from four strands:
- Literacy and numeracy skills (VCE or VCAL units)???
- Work Related Skills ( VCAL unit or VCE units)
- Industry Specific Skills (VET programs)
- Personal Development Skills (VCAL units only
Students most suitable for the program are those who:
- are interested in work or face challenges in completing a full VCE program;
- are vocationally focused and do not require a VCE or ATAR score;
- are committed to completing Year 12 at BHSSC;
- are willing to be part of a team;
- are recommended by teachers as suitable for the program;
- have parental support for their involvement in the program.
The College offers limited places in the Senior Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL). Students are selected and interviewed from current Year 11 students undertaking a VET Certificate.
Further information can be obtained from the VCAA VCAL Website: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vcal/Publications/Publications/vcalinfobooklet.html