The program aims to:
- Combine academic study with intensive sport training during school hours.
- Develop skills, tactical and strategic knowledge and athletic ability in order to be best placed to attain entry to higher level netball.
- Compliment the student’s existing out-of-school netball commitments and offer a value adding experience.
- Provide opportunities and mentoring enabling students to become leaders and to value team work.
- Support and guidance towards achieving coaching and officiating accreditation.
Students take part in a carefully structured, individualised program aimed at developing them to their full potential.
The focus is on fundamental skill acquisition and progressing through our unique format to integrate these skills into game knowledge incorporating strategic and tactical training. Weekly match practice provides the opportunity to further hone skills.
On Court Training
- Skill acquisition
- Positional specific skills and fitness training
- Tactical and strategic training
- Dedicated match play session
Strength and Conditioning
- Each student will be provided with an individualised strength and conditioning program administered by specialist coaches in our fully equipped gymnasium.
Teams participate in the following competitions throughout the year and have experienced success in both regioanl and international tournaments. :-
- School Sport Victoria (SSV) Championships
- Waverley International Schools Tournament
- Netball Victoria State Schools Champships
Lauren Nardelli BHSSC Head Coach 2016 – present
Robert Nardelli BHSSC Assistant Head Coach 2016 – present